Monday, August 9, 2010

Illustration friday: Caged



Hey everyone, precollege was awesome and I really enjoyed being a TARC. I really think it has changed me as an artist for the better.

I did a little tweaking to the template. Hope you don't mind.

This little piece is my first foray into the illustration Friday thing, so I tried something a tad different. The assignment was to illustrate the word "caged", so I tried to create a piece that really showed the emotion behind once freed creatures who are locked up and put on display. My only regret is that my lack of a scanner kept me from doing this piece traditionally.

2 comments:

Yao Li said...

I agree with the medium issues. I'd like to see these someday painted on individual stainless steel slabs, in oil.

Steph Kunze said...

I really like all of different kinds of mark making. :D