Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Journey

Photobucket


ice rink


These are environments for my studio Remix: The Snow Queen class. The class is taught by illustrator Marcos Chin and director David Drake, and we are going to create our own interpretation of the Hans Christian Anderson fairytale. The first half of the semester we are doing concept art for the production and the second half we are creating the actual production. For our first assignment I had to illustrate Baltimore city in the snow and an ice rink. I think I learned alot about the way I think about composition from these, and it was a fun and rewarding exercise to create spaces from my head.

2 comments:

Steph Kunze said...

I really like the sense of light in the first one! :D Great job

Noni said...

That city street scene is gorgeous!